Thursday, January 7, 2010

Aunt Penny's Country Cheese Snacks


These have been a crowd pleaser in the Beougher family for years, and I'm giving all the credit to my aunt Penny. First thing's first, these are missing some green olives due to a 6'6 250 lb olive monster I have at home. I learned my lesson, either get twice the amount of olives I will need, or hide the jar where he can't find them!

Mix the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, softened cream cheese and green onions in a mixing bowl. It's easy to get it all mixed together if you mix it with a fork.

Spread the mix on the bread, top with two pieces of sliced green pimento stuffed olives and sprinkle with dried parsley.

Broil in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Serve warm.

Ingredients:

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2-3 green onions with tops, finely chopped
Snack-size rye or sourdough bread slices (sometimes these are hard to find, you can also use sourdough bread and cut the pieces into small squares.
Dried parsley
Pimento stuffed green olives, sliced

No comments:

Post a Comment