Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fiddleback Spider Bites - Day 1

Yes I said biteS, that is plural. I got bit by a fiddleback spider, I'm guessing, unless it was a black widow. But I'm pretty sure it is a fiddleback.

Yesterday we had to go to lab for field botany and Adam brought me a sweatshirt that I had worn the night before, and pretty sure I left it on the floor in our house. I kept trying to itch something under my bra on my side/back, but couldn't really reach it. Then we went to the Wal-Marts and I asked Adam if we would itch it for me because I couldn't reach it. Well apparently that was a spider under my bra that was tickling me.

I didn't know this until early this morning. I was sleeping last night and every time I turned on my side it would hurt really bad, then at about 4:30 this morning I felt it and it was swollen with bumps. So of course I ran to the bathroom and this is what I saw. Nice thing to wake up to huh?

I've been bit by spiders before, but apparently they weren't poisonous because I haven't had anything like this before. It hurts really bad, kind of like a throbbing pain.

I hadn't planned on going to the doctor until I got advice from several people that I need to go ASAP. Turns out I can't get an appointment until 3.

Hopefully my skin doesn't rot out like the pictures I just saw on the internet, they were pretty gross!

Stupid spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment