Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Busy Bee

It's been nearly two months since I've posted anything, whoops! Between burning, my greenhouse/garden and being out of town I haven't had much free time. Sorry guys!

This has probably been my best year so far with my (our) greenhouse. I've got plants coming out of my ears!

These are some of my tomatoes. This picture was taken about two months ago, they are in the ground right now. But I do have some new tomatoe seedlings in the greenhouse.

 These are my heirloom bell peppers, they are in the ground as well.

I had to move all my plants out of the greenhouse that week we had temperatures in the 90's, it cooked a few of my seedlings before I could move them. These cooler, more normal temperatures are a lot better for my greenhouse! This year I decided to go with a more native approach in my flower bed, because last year during the drought and extreme temperatures, the native plants are the only ones that survived. So, I started purple coneflower, Missouri evening primrose, Russian sage, another primrose (forgot the exact name), foxglove, salvia, liatris, gaura, lavender and ornamental kale for the spring (I realize lavender and kale are not native, but kale is really pretty for the cool season and I'm just going to give lavender a shot!). Now some of those plants aren't exactly native to this area, but they are in the family of native Oklahoma plants. The seeds I started for the garden include, many types of peppers, tomatoes, squash, as well as cucumbers, cauliflower, brocolli, dill, parsley, cilantro, sage and thyme.

Some of my perennials that have started coming back include blanket flower (it's actually blooming), gaura, peony (hopefully they bloom this year, they didn't last year), verbascum, chives, sage, oregano, and asparagus.

Some of you may know what I'm talking about, sorry to the others who I just confused the absolute crap out of. I'll post pictures, promise!


 This is from our biggest burn this year. I've been on nine burns since January!


This picture is from our Kansas burn, which was very productive!

I have also been in the Osage helping people with trapping prairie chickens. I learned some new prairie wildflowers while I was there and got some gorgeous pictures. I'll post once I pull them off my card!

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE HELP ME!! Your spider bites from 2010 are the only pictures I have seen that look like mine do. I was bitten a week ago and its gotten VERY bad. No doctor I've seen will help me!! They FINALLY gave me an antibiotic today and Its Keflex. I would like to know what they put you on to cure you.(i was bitten on my chest) My chest wall hurts VERY bad and i feel as if im having trouble breathing. I went to E.R. and they said it was a rash and i was having a panic attack!! But i KNOW it was a spider. The doctors finally agreed with me today but its been a week and i don't think my antibiotic is working. Please help me!! my email is jlthayer21@ yahoo .com or my facebook is jessica Singletary with a black and white photo of me,, help. please. I don;t want to die.

    ReplyDelete