Monday, September 12, 2011

80's Cake Balls








One of my best friends had her wedding shower and bachelorette party this past weekend. The theme for the bachelorette party was 80's. So I made cake balls, 80's style. When I was thinking about how I was going to decorate them, neon colors immediately popped into my head!


Ingredients


1 box cake mix (whatever you like) I used confetti for these

1 can icing (whatever goes with the cake)


Bake the cake according to the directions. (don't over cook!) Let cool for 30 minutes, (I like to cut a square of cake out and give it to Dixie or Adam, this makes the filling more moist) Dump the rest into a large mixing bowl. Break up the cake with your hands. Pour the icing in the bowl, mix with a fork. Cover and refrigerate over night. Roll into balls the next morning. Put rolled balls on waxed paper to keep them from sticking. Freeze them, uncovered for 1 hour. Melt your melting chocolates according to the directions. I melt my melting chocolates in 30 second increments to keep them from burning. Remove about 10 cake balls from the freezer at a time. Stab one with a toothpick, dip it in the chocolate, set on waxed paper and slide the cake ball off the toothpick with another toothpick. If you need to fix the small hole the toothpick made, just put a little chocolate on your toothpick and cover it up. Let the chocolate set up, then decorate...unless you want to use sprinkles, then put those on top when the chocolate is still melted.


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment