Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shrimp Linguine with Rosemary White Wine Cream Sauce

This is one of those meals where you look in the fridge and in the cabinets and think, what in the heck am I going to make for dinner?! So, this is what I came up with and it turned out AMAZING. First you will need a couple, depending on how many servings you are making, scallions.

Chop the scallions, and set aside, these are for garnishing and an extra punch

Ok, I'll confess, I wasn't going to put this recipe up because I didn't know it was going to turn out this good, but I was convinced otherwise. So right now in the meal I have about 1/4 of a log of cream cheese, approximately 2 oz., 3 or so table spoons of butter, chopped fresh rosemary, about 2 sprigs and I am whisking this together over medium head to melt the cream cheese to incorporate it and the butter.

Add some fresh cracked pepper, I love fresh cracked pepper so I add a lot.

Continue to whisk this, don't let it sit over medium heat! You really want the butter and the cream cheese to mix together.

Then add some milk, in most cases if I had heavy cream I would have used it, but I didn't, like I said this is what was in the kitchen. And when you live out in the country, you don't have the option of running to the store to grab missing ingredients. I would say about 1/4 to a 1/2 a cup. I added more here and there to get the right consistency, just eyeball it, you want the sauce to be creamy, not too thick, not too runny.

It's coming together!

Then I added a heaping tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce a bit. Make sure and whisk this right away, and until well blended.

Thickening...Then set on low and move on to the shrimp!

So, melt about a tablespoon or two of butter, depending on how many shrimp you like. Throw in the shrimp on medium heat... notice the bubbles. I will now show you the process of shrimp cooking. A lot of people think it takes 10 minutes to cook shrimp, negatory my friend! It only takes a couple of minutes. Over cooked shrimp=loss of flavor and rubbery texture.


They're gettin' there! Oh by the way, I seasoned them with salt, fresh ground black pepper and teeny big of Emerill's seasoning.

This is it, they're done!

Then just fill a bowl with linguine or thin spaghetti and drizzle rosemary sauce, load up with shrimp and sprinkle with some scallions. It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment