Friday, October 30, 2009

Party Mix

My mom might get mad at me for sharing this, BUT it's fabulous and the absolute BEST party mix ever.

This is the only picture I took, I'm good I know. This is what it looks like when it's almost finished :)

Ingredients:

2 bags rice chex
2 bags wheat chex
1 bag pretzels (i don't add the whole bag)
Nuts (Any kind, it's optional)

Sauce:

5 sticks butter or margerine
6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Lawrey's Seasoning (DO NOT I repeat DO NOT substitute anything for Lawrey's)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablepoons soy sauce

As a matter of fact, all of this is optional except the sauce! Mix it exact, I tried substituting Lawrey's for generic seasoned salt and it was horrible! Anyway, I like wheat chex and rice chex, no nuts and not tons of pretzels, I understand I'm probably the minority, but eh oh well. But this is about the amount you can make with the sauce recipe so if you go over or under on the chex then make more sauce, don't make less, never make less, this sauce is too good just add it all :)

I usually get one of those big roaster aluminum throw away pans from Wal-Mart, it makes it so easy to stir this stuff and not have any fall out in the oven! So mix up all your chex, pretzels, nuts, etc in the pan. Melt all sauce ingredients in a saucepan on low-ish, you don't want the butter to burn. Drizzle a little sauce over the mix and put it in the oven and cook for 2 or 3 hours on 250 degrees, drizzling the sauce over it and then stirring every 15 minutes. After all the sauce is used up and everything is nice and coated, I usually pull the pan out of the oven and cover it with paper towels and let it cool for a few hours before putting in containers or baggies. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment