Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tornado Season, Love It

Before I say anything, I just want to say my thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost friends and family members in the tornadoes last night.

This is a picture of the trees on the pond dam in the front of our house. The wind was a blowing!

This is the tree right next to our house. The winds were gusting to 56 mph.

Some people tuck their tales and cry when it comes to tornado/thunderstorm season especially if they aren't from around here, not me, I love it and I have since I was a kid. I used to tell my mom I wanted to be a meteorologist. Once I figured you had to go to OU to be one, I said heck no, I was a smart kid.

Mother nature AMAZES me, I love the formations of the clouds, seeing the sun rays coming through the clouds, watching a storm roll in, the cool colors that the storms make, the excitement on all the local channels, and of course taking pictures of all of it. I think the people who are scared of them don't understand them. If a tornado hits, go to the middle of your house, on the lower level, or a cellar, or a basement, or if you have a trailer house then get the heck out of Dodge! It's not rocket science!

This year, tornado/thunderstorm season has not been all that exciting until last night. I was excited, and a tad bit nervous for my garden plants, but the storms skirted right under us so we just got to watch all the excitement on TV and watch the wind almost blow our trees down!

No comments:

Post a Comment