Thursday, February 9, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent

#1, if you're not on Pinterest, you should definitely sign up! I have already done a few projects that Pinterest inspired me to do. This is the latest, homemade laundry detergent.


This will save you a ton of money and from what everyone else has said, it works great! I have used it for a few loads and have been very happy so far.


All of these ingredients can be found in the laundry detergent isle, I found everything I needed at Wal-Mart.



Ingredients:

1-4 lb. box Borax

1-4lb. box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda

1-3lb. 7 oz. box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda

3 bars Fels-Naptha Soap

1-3lb. tub of Oxi Clean



Grate your three bars of Fels-Naptha in your food processor with the grating attachment, if not you'll have to hand grate them. Put a large trash bag in a five-gallon bucket or something about the same size layer the ingredients and mix well (I layered half of each mixture twice so I would make sure that I got it mixed up really good). Store in an air-tight container. Use one tablespoon per load. I've read that this is save for HE washing machines and in cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment